wiggy 3

angel clare 3

Rach 2

Rachel 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
I still think my 442 one was good, and tims 180 :)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
I thought you were a Scunny fan... do I have the wrong Iron there?

Strawbs

Yes, yes you do. :rolleyes: :)

The nickname of 'The Irons' comes from West Ham's original team name of The Thames Ironworks FC, as the first team was made up of mainly dock workers. And while the other nickname 'The Hammers' comes from the last half of the more familiar team name, the hammers on the team badge actually represent the rivet hammers used by the early players of the 1890s in their day job.

Well I find it interesting. ;)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Well the reason Burnley are called The Clarets is even more boring. Originally called The Turflets, the name Clarets came along after we changed from (normally) Black and Amber to Claret and Blue in the early 1900's.

The change was to follow suit of Aston Villa who were reining Champions at the time, and they believed the kit would bring us luck... and it did, eventually.

We won the FA Cup in 1914 and then the Football League in 1921, although media refuse to recognise this, Burnley held the record for most games undefeated in one season (33), but this was surpassed by the "Untouchable" Arsenal team, then by Reading in their promotion to the Premiership two years ago.

Why are you looking at me funny?

Last edited by a moderator:

curtinparloe

Is this the one with the round ball you're talking about? :D

Just been playing Team Fortress 2 for 4 hours solid, and now my eyes need scraping.

curtinparloe

Strawbs said:
I bet you're a toepoker. :p
If you're insinuating that I play or watch football, then for shame!!!

If, however, you're insinuating something lewd, than it's probably true. :D

Interesting links, I particularly like the comment on the first one! I'll be heading down there with Neil, do I need to call the number too?

Strawbs

curtinparloe said:
If you're insinuating that I play or watch football, then for shame!!!
If, however, you're insinuating something lewd, than it's probably true. :D
It was a football reference. Although I do know you well enough to insinuate something lewd and use the same phrase. :)

curtinparloe

I managed to get through high school without playing a single game of football. I don't intend to start now.

000048_33.jpg

(subtle one, that)

LovelyLaura

Joanna said:
And there's a small piece about Bar Stewards/Chris over at Corrie Blog...which is an extremely popular site (ie so quite a far few people will get to read the following!)...Fancy being an extra in a movie?
Thanks Joanna :) Cool that CorrieBlog have mentioned BS :D I've always fancied being an extra so it's a shame I don't live nearer lol!

Laura xx

Status
Not open for further replies.