Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
[YT=Penguins]8kvWS1XwCMM[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
That's really sad... reminds me a bit of Morcambe.

Gonna do a bit of a Karl Pilkington here, but I watched a documentary about what the Earth will be like 10,000 years after human existence. Its said that there will be no evidence of us because nature will run its course, only the The Pyramids, The Great Wall of China and possibly Mount Rushmore could still be identified.

I know its not worth thinking about, as 10,000 years is unmeasurable considering how long humans have been recorded as walking the earth.

However I watched another program a few years ago about a nuclear power, and if it is safe or not.

There was a place somewhere in Eastern Europe I think... anyway there was a leak, hundreds of people died and the town was left and nobody returned, only after a few decades nature run its course and there was massive trees growing through buildings and moss taking over the streets. It was spine-chilling.

I'm sure I had a point....

Last edited by a moderator:

Strawbs

I saw that programme. It was the Chernobyl disaster in the mid-80s. Apparently the fall out circled the earth, carried by midwinds. The place was abandoned amid fears for public health but the only reports of illness is increased cases of thyroid cancer. It's an amazing little time capsule from communist eastern Europe.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Yeah it was good program that. It was really sad to see people risking their health going back growing infected vegetables and fruit just to get by.

It was a like a ghost town.

Strawbs

The rest of the world will become like it at some point.

Frightening!

On a lighter note, Sean Lock is narrating a programme on BBC4 right now. Must go and watch it. :)

Gorf

Cop said:
...There was a place somewhere in Eastern Europe I think... anyway there was a leak, hundreds of people died and the town was left and nobody returned, only after a few decades nature run its course and there was massive trees growing through buildings and moss taking over the streets. It was spine-chilling...
You'll probably find it all on this girl's website.

Strawbs

Just wondering...what are the chances Bar Stewards is released before we reach 800 posts? :p

Strawbs

Well I'd better post something then to help it along.

571.jpg

Strawbs

I might be splitting hairs but isn't it that you find a picture that has the post number in it rather than just amend the same picture over and over? In fairness of the game and all that.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Joanna has turned into a bit of a one trick pony :)

Status
Not open for further replies.