800 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovelyLaura

ssn681_batfish_insig.jpg

Laura xx

Dave Laurie

Didn't really want to put this pic on, hate using other peoples' when I can make my own, BUT.........

I've just been looking back through the 800 Posts in case I missed something important/funny/tragic/whatever, and I found my evidence! Birty's Post no. 616 (page 32?) confirmed my suspicions. Contrary to denials on the day, you are running 2 levels of catering! YELLOW THINGS in the tuna butties - well there weren't any in mine, I bet you all had caviar and prawn cocktails hidden away somewhere. If any of my extras find out about the yellow things they'll never go anywhere with me again. Actually, thinking about it, most of them live in Morecambe. The only Green Giant they've ever seen is the Polo Tower on the prom. And we only got that when Blackpool Pleasure Beach had finished with it.

OK-99s-QPG-682_100.jpg

OK-99s-QPG-682_100.jpg

OK-99s-QPG-682_100.jpg

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Cop said:
How to post pictures

• Find the picture you want to use on the net
  • Right Click it, go to properties
  • Copy the URL
  • When replying to a message, click the Insert Image button
  • Paste the URL into the box (this adds tags at either end for you)
Dave see above for pictures... you can also quote people by pressing the QUOTE button under the thread you wish to refer too.

:)

Dave Laurie

dd684_wedderburn_c1958.jpg

Funnily enough, I had done that with the next image I had ready - it was going to be a Lancaster Bomber, which as any aircraft anorak will tell you, was the AVRO 683. Is there an alliteration use prize? But now I can't so I've had to find another one to try it with.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
879 posts... :)

Right, before we get to the end... why don't we talk about our home towns, such as brief history, interesting facts... I have got inspiration from Dave talking about Morecambe, I used to love that place, I forgot about that Polo Mint tower.. tell us more Dave

Fran tell us about Blackpool

Birty / Gorf tell us about Great Harwood

Booth tells us about Shads

Joanna... is it Colchester (or Cheltenham)? I dunno, tell us about where you are from, educate us.

I'm sure I could rustle up something about Rossendale, I am sure.

Tim / Darwen Don - Darwen... what does it offer apart from scroats and drunken louts? ;)

Dave Laurie

Don't get me started! I'm not from here, just ended up living here by mistake. Been here almost 10 years, should have just done an armed robbery on a Post Office, I'd have been out by now. But I have started a tunnel, another 6 months of digging, I should come up somewhere on Blackpool's North Shore - hope I don't stick my head up into Funny Girls, or would that be poetic justice?

I was born in Barrow-in-Furness, which used to be Lancashire, they only decided to move it to Cumbria after I left in the hope I couldn't find my way back. I've lived in 6 places, all in Lancashire, have 2 spiritual homes, the Isle of Man and Turf Moor.

And the attached thumbnail ain't been Photoshopped, that really is one of the Red Arrows behind the Polo Tower, and the vehicle in the foreground is typical Morecambe Survivalist's transport.

PIC_0024b crop.jpg

PIC_0024b crop.jpg

PIC_0024b crop.jpg

Dave Laurie

Yahoo! Slurp Spider

Posting Blog Comment

Jon Williams - Jon & Michael meet top Manchester lawyer, Terry Osborn

Just looked who was on line and where when I found the bit above - A Yahoo Slurp Spider was listed as POSTING a Blog Comment - Are they critics now too? Can they really do that?

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Dave Laurie said:
I've lived in 6 places, all in Lancashire, have 2 spiritual homes, the Isle of Man and Turf Moor.
Thats you, me and Razo now... Wiggy was right, this forum is turning Claret and Blue (and with Strawbs being a Hammers fan) :)

Mossman - excellent Spanking by the way!

Dave Laurie

I'm sort of relieved that Mossman's posted no 690. I did have an idea loosely based around 69 Oooohhhh! but fortunately couldn't think of a suitable image to go with it.

Correction: I could THINK of a suitable image, but I couldn't actually find one. :rolleyes:

LovelyLaura

Cop said:
Joanna... is it Colchester (or Cheltenham)? I dunno, tell us about where you are from, educate us.
That's me from Colchester :p

It's Britain's oldest recorded town apparently. It was called Camulodunum back in Roman times though. And it's in the lovely county of Essex.

I've lived here all 26 years of my life....scary! :eek: I should probably get out and go and live somewhere else though. I'd like to go and live in Manchester. Definitely not London though. I like London to visit but it seems too manic a place to live!

Colchester's an alright place to live though. Lol, us Colcestrians tend to slag it off all the time but, the moment someone else slags it off, we're always the first to defend it!

I like where I live in Colchester though, we live about a 5 minute walk from the town, so it's really easy access for shopping and also for work etc. And we live near to Colchester Castle, which is probably one of our main tourist attractions. It was built in the 11th century and resides inside the Castle Park, which is really beautiful to visit in the summer.

castle.jpg

We also have a Zoo here, which is quite well-known and is being featured on Channel Five's Zoo Days programme in June. Presented by Konnie Huq!

Famous Colcestrians include:

Dermot O'Leary

Darren Day

Damon Albarn and the rest of Blur

Jeremy Spake

Joan Hickson

Jay Kay

And that conclude's Laura's history lesson for the day :p

Laura xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Pinched from Razo on ClaretsMad, - this is a clip from Sky News, who does the guy in the interview remind you of?

[YT=Who is this?]dmh7ipW47Uo&NR=1[/YT]

Dave Laurie

Famous Colcestrians include:

Dermot O'Leary

Darren Day

Damon Albarn and the rest of Blur

Jeremy Spake

Joan Hickson

Jay Kay

And that conclude's Laura's history lesson for the day

So the moral of this story is, if you're planning to have children born in Colchester and you'd like them to become famous, give them names beginning with D or J?

Unlike Morecambe, where you have to be called Eric or Thora.

LovelyLaura

Dave Laurie said:
So the moral of this story is, if you're planning to have children born in Colchester and you'd like them to become famous, give them names beginning with D or J?Unlike Morecambe, where you have to be called Eric or Thora.
:eek: :eek: Hahaha, I hadn't noticed all the D's and the J's!! :D Darn it, there goes my dream of superstardom then! :mad: Although my middle name begins with a J so I dunno if that counts?! :p

Laura xx

Gorf

LovelyLaura said:
...It's Britain's oldest recorded town apparently. It was called Camulodunum back in Roman times though...
Sounds like something I caught when I was a student in Sheffield.

Birty will have to tell you about Great Harwood - I've only lived here seven years. I lived in London before I met my current wife (in an internet chat room :confused: ) then before that I was at poly in Sheffield. Spent my teens in Worcestershire and my early years near Horwich. Never lived anywhere long enough to build a half-authoritative opinion.

I do like Great Harwood, though. When I first moved back up here, we were in a place called "Brockhall Village" which was just like being back in London. Quiet neighbours with no social interaction at all. I keep reminding myself of that whenever the new bunch come round with their computers, wanting them fixed.

Fran

Thanks for your history lesson Laura! Bet you're glad they changed the name to Colchester, it's much easier to say! (Maybe that's why they changed it!) :)

Blackpool - Sun, sea, sand etc...

It has to be said that some parts of the town have been looking a bit worn out and run down in recent years, BUT, Blackpool is in the middle of a regeneration plan which should make us a thriving, popular resort again. Work has begun all around the town building new shops, improving the sea-front etc.. there are plans to spruce us up all over the place. There are still a few more years work to go, but it will make a huge difference when it's finished.

I live at the airport end of town and it's now an International Airport, with plans to expand and offer even more destinations. I like where I live, close enough to town if I want to go clothes shopping ;)and far enough away not to be hassled in the holiday season.

At the moment, on a wet windy day in Blackpool, some parts don't look particularly inviting, and it can look like we need a good lick of paint here and there, ....and there... and there... (it can get a bit depressing looking at it sometimes), but the plans to clean it up, improve it and expand, will make it an even better place to live and to visit. On a sunny day, in the visitor season, you don't notice what needs doing quite so much. Many locals try to avoid going into town when it's busy, infact I've known some people say they haven't been into town for years! It can be a bit frustrating if you're in a hurry and suddenly find yourself bumping into people who've come to an abrupt standstill in front of you to gaze up to the top of the tower!

So, in town we have the sea and sand, three piers, lots of shops with more being added, places like the Pleasure Beach, Skating Rink, Sea Life Centre, The Tower, The Sandcastle Waterpark, Amusement Arcades etc..The Winter Gardens, The Grand Theatre, and a whole array of pubs and clubs for the nightowls.

On the outskirts we have Stanley Park with a lovely lake, trees and gardens and loads of space, Blackpool Zoo (which is looking much nicer than it used to), A Golf Course, Climbing Walls, Sports Centre, Cinema Complex with restaurants and pub, Model Village and probably other things I don't even know about.

Like everywhere, the town it has it's problems, but 'they' are working hard to rejuvenate it and put things right, and if it ends up looking anything like the pictures the planners have drawn, it'll be much improved for everyone, holiday makers and residents.

Obviously the tower is Blackpool's most famous feature, or as my youngest son said as we were driving through the illuminations when he was about three.."Look mummy, a transformer!"

mer_showImageCustom.aspx

Oh...and Harry Corbett bought the first ever Sooty from Blackpool. :cool:)

Dave Laurie

47eric_morecambe72.jpg

See, there's nothing to see or do in Blackpool. Come to sunny Morecambe, where you can see all these tourist attractions.

I'm really only doing this to set up the race for Post 700

Joanna

newsign.php

:)

PS: I'll do a brief write-up on my area a bit later on! :)

PS 2: Think it would bring this thread nicely full circle if the 800th post was made by the thread's creator: Cop. :) :) What does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.