800 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawbs

Joanna said:
PS 2: Think it would bring this thread nicely full circle if the 800th post was made by the thread's creator: Cop. :) :) What does everyone else think?
No. Whoever gets it gets it. Let fate decide.

That's not anything against Cop by the way. If he gets it then great. But to decide who gets the last post just 100 posts from the end rather negates any anticipation.

It should be a fight.

TO THE DEATH!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
PS 2: Think it would bring this thread nicely full circle if the 800th post was made by the thread's creator: Cop. :) :) What does everyone else think?
Sweet, I'll try my best :)

I'd like to see a winner between JOANNA, STRAWBS and TIM personally, or can LOVELYLAURA make it all square?

JOANNA

Nicks 700

100 Strawbs

200 Joanna

300 Tim

400 Tim

500 Strawbs

600 Lovely Laura

700 Joanna

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 702

Cop 188

Joanna 142

Strawbs 97

timpaley 69

Fran 47

LovelyLaura 26

Michael 25

curtinparloe 23

paulgordon 16

razo 12

Birty 10

Dave Laurie 9 - NEW

Gorf 7

pattyb 7

camp david 7

Chris Finch 5

wiggy 3

angel clare 3

Rach 2

Mossman 2 - NEW

Rachel 1

Lori 1

***Special Mention to DaveLaurie (9 posts)***

LovelyLaura

Congrats on getting post 700 Joanna!! :) :)

I like your idea of Cop getting the 800th post too :) So, how about it then Cop, are you up for the challenge?! :)

Laura xx

Joanna

...I live close to Birmingham, in the super exciting :rolleyes: Solihull (West Midlands).

Solihull (residents called Silhillians, and the motto being 'Urbs in rure': 'Town in the country') was founded as a market town in medieval times, later becoming an important coaching stop. It was originally at the junction of significant medieval roads, being situated as it was at the top of a certain hill that gave it its name (so given by passers-by to this 'soily hill'...'soly hill'). It's twinned with Cholet (France) and Main-Taunus Kreis (Germany). And Samuel Johnson even once had his headmaster application for a Solihull grammar school rejected.

Extremely built up where I live (and I'm just down the road from a retail park), so it's not exactly the most scenic/exciting place to reside. And there's soon to be a much locally protested against residential home to be built just beyond our back garden (best not get me started on that one! :mad: :eek: ). Also not so great a location for some of the theatre, etc, I'd like to get out to see. However....

There are a lot of great attractions in the West Mids. For instance: Black Country Living Museum, Cadbury World, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Barber Institute, Twycross Zoo, Drayton Manor Park, Severn Valley Railway, Hagley Hall, Warwick Castle, Kenilworth Castle, Coughton Court, Baddesley Clinton, Shakespeare Country, Samuel Johnson Museum, Millenium Point, NEC/NIA, National Sea Life Centre, Sarehole Mill, West Midlands Safari Park, Alton Towers, Hagley Hall, Aston Hall, Donington Park, RAF museum, Lickey Hills, Cannock Chase, Botanical Gardens, etc, etc, the list goes on......

Famous Silhillians include: Richard Hammond (born here), Michael Buerk (BBC newsreader), Dave Hill (Slade's guitarist), ex-Corrie's Rupert Hill (born and grew up here), Martin Johnson (former England Rugby Union player/captain), Don Maclean, Malcolm Stent, Karen Brady (managing director of Birmingham FC), etc.

Some famous Brummies include: George Cadbury (think you can sort of guess what that relates to!), Neville Chamberlain, Tony Hancock, J R Tolkien (born in South Africa to Brummie parents...and he returned to Brum when he was 3), Matthew Boulton, Bill Oddie........

Bands formed in Birmingham include: Duran Duran, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Ocean Colour Scene, Judas Priest, The Charlatans, UB40.... Duran Duran's name came about through one of their favourite Birmingham clubs: Barbarella. Inspired by the name, they took their band's name from the evil Dr. Durand-Durand, who was a character in the science-fiction cult film Barbarella.

PS: It would definitely fall to Cop to be poster 800 if the rest of us avoided being it instead. ;) Just think it'd be kind of fitting. *Cop for 800, Cop for 800, Cop for 8...* Or what about Mike posting some BS footage in post 800?!

timpaley

Horsin' around...
Cast & Crew
redir

As the challenge was to have 800 post to see a clip, I agree 800 should be "The Clip"

makko

Calling all film makers ..... I am one myself and have started a site for people to upload user generated contect ,.. come and join the fun .. serious... funny .. it doesnt matter .. just use it for a vehicle for you films and videos etc.

upload at www.rathergood.co.uk

thanks

Martin

Strawbs

timpaley said:
As the challenge was to have 800 post to see a clip, I agree 800 should be "The Clip"
But that would be only 799 posts. ;)

The clip should be on post 801. Also, that way it'll be on top of the page rather than at the bottom with everyone's reactions underneath.

I still say post 800 should be left to fate. With the previous free flowing nature of the thread it would be a shame to reach the last couple of pages and have them filled with token posts to engineer a singular outcome.

Come on, the purpose of this thread was to have a fun little challenge. It's no fun if you make a decision on how it finishes this early. Where's the sport in that?

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
I agree with Strawbs... I would like to see the 4 Milestone winners battle it out for 800 personally.

I think she secretly has an eye on 800 herself...

LovelyLaura

Cop said:
I would like to see the 4 Milestone winners battle it out for 800 personally.
Well, seeing as Joanna, Tim and Strawbs have all nabbed 2 milestones each and I've only got 1 then technically it should be me who nabs post 800 mwahahahaha! ;) :p :)

Just to make things even ;) :p

Laura xx

Dave Laurie

710.jpg

There is a story behind this one, something about blondes and car troubles, but I'm not going to be responsible for starting that one.

I may not be too famous, but my work-station has now embarked on a career of it's own, and is on a quest for fame and fortune. It's made it to the front page of http://www.grouphub.org./

I really should have removed the 2 Barbies first!

Bugger, 3 minutes too late!!!!!

Laura, do you want this pic for your post, and where can I get speed-typing lessons?

hack712.png

Thought I'd put this in quick to get the numbers back. Don't want anyone else as confused as me!

Fran

oops! Careful Dave, we get 'merged' if we double post:confused:... shhhh, no-one tell Mike.. ;) :)

PGE712.jpg

Bloomin eck Mike! You were quick off the mark! :) :)

pattyb

Standard Member
Well I am furious - l started playing games on here (usually bburn 247). Its taken me ages to win at Mahjong - by the time I had won the damn thing had logged me out!!! whats all that about - didnt even save my score argh!!!!!!!

I think you pleasedsheepers have fixed this - think its like the Masons or something.

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
pattyb said:
Well I am furious - l started playing games on here (usually bburn 247). Its taken me ages to win at Mahjong - by the time I had won the damn thing had logged me out!!! whats all that about - didnt even save my score argh!!!!!!!
I think you pleasedsheepers have fixed this - think its like the Masons or something.
That happens when you can't use the internet properly! :)

Joanna

Yeah, Pat, I've had that logging out prob in the past. Just need to make sure that when you sign in, you tick the 'Remember Me?' box. That worked for me.

Good luck on winning Mahjong! I once managed it myself. From 1st...to a current 2nd...to (?)3rd(?)...to :eek: or ;) :) .... ?

ETA: Thanks for the blog, Mike. Interesting read. So near and yet not quite so near, eh, Mike?! :p :confused: (Hope you don't mind me linking to it, btw!)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
From Mikes Blog - "Cop says he's never going to do this again - next time we'll have full funding. The undertaking for this kind of thing is huge."

Again? I have lost count about the amount of time I have felt like walking away from this one... never mind doing another one :) :) :)

Dave Laurie

I haven't been here long, and have only been posting stuff on 800 Posts for the past few days, and now I seem to have posted what I thought was a cracking 710 image 3 mins. too late to actually be 710, then I went for 712 (well it's a Futurama thing, it had to be done) and that's ended up with my 710, on no. 711. Are you all with me so far? So, in a matter of days, I've brought confusion, chaos and turmoil to something that had previously been running (relatively) smoothly for months.

"My work here is done"

p.s. Cop, does anyone use the Private Message part of the Forum? (hint, hint)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Hi Dave, I'll get back to you tomorrow, :) I am somewhat Dead at the moment :confused:

Strawbs

Cop said:
I agree with Strawbs... I would like to see the 4 Milestone winners battle it out for 800 personally.
I think she secretly has an eye on 800 herself...
Nahh. If I get I get it, if I don't I don't. Let's see who does. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.