Mind Meanders

LovelyLaura

pmsl, I am loving Bunny Brokeback Mountain :) :)

I really must watch the real Brokeback Mountain again soon.....haven't had the courage to since Heath's death though :(

Laura xx

Strawbs

Love the bunny film recreations. Very funny.

Must confess to finding the actual Brokeback Mountain very underwelming when I finally saw it earlier this year. I don't have a particular urge to see it again. There're a couple of thoughtful moments but I can't help feel there's a simple lack of chemistry between Heath and Jake and not quite enough emotional build up in the first half to really make the impact of the last half come off.

Gorf

Strawbs said:
...I can't help feel there's a simple lack of chemistry between Heath and Jake...
Maybe they were being lazy and assumed that the viewer would infer some degree of chemistry as their characters are supposed to be knobbing each other?

Strawbs

Gorf said:
Maybe they were being lazy and assumed that the viewer would infer some degree of chemistry as their characters are supposed to be knobbing each other?
I'd go for them being a bit lazy as well. Lazy in that they cast Heath and Jake individually but didn't actually cast two actors who would create a spark together on screen. Not once did I believe that they found each other attractive, let alone passionately love each other, regardless of their Bafta/Oscar winning performances.

Don't get me wrong, they acted brilliantly. But as on-screen lovers they're just too individual, which left me not especially caring what happened to the characters as lovers.

Joanna

Barring this one...

...I don't think Chris seems quite himself in the 'new' pics of him that have just gone up on Rex Features (all the ones ahead of the pic of an actual Finch! :) ). ;) Think he looks just a little like Birty in this one....

:)

I know it's probably a bit wrong, but these SITE pics are amusing me... :) (Sorry, Chris!)

LovelyLaura

Hahaha, oh bless, I remember SITE....and the eyebrows :) ;)

Still got it recorded somewhere, I think.

Btw, I love the fact that Chris' Rex pics include one of an actual Finch bird, pmsl :)

Laura xx

Joanna

LovelyLaura said:
Btw, I love the fact that Chris' Rex pics include one of an actual Finch bird, pmsl :)
Laura xx
That's been perched there for quite a while, too! What a loyal Finchy....

Joanna

I think the translated 'How high is the price of love?' blog entry in

(from 1 min 17 secs in) is beautiful. *sniffle* Yeah, I'm soppy...

Last edited by a moderator:

Joanna

Do do do do do do do doooo....

:confused:

:eek:

PS: I can log in on 'this' PSF but not on the 'other' one (tried through both the homepage and the forums section)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Laurie

I'm quite offended that I didn't get any spam. I've missed out again.

But I have found something I'm dead chuffed about, and it's Bolton related if anyone knows anyone from that area...........

The fabulous Bob Williamson now has a website with some Video clips on.

http://www.bobwilliamson.org

For anyone who doesn't know him, think Mike Harding only funnier.

And Peter Kaye likes him.

'Nuff said.

Gorf

I was getting 2,000 spam a day a couple of weeks ago, just at the weekend. This weekend it was down to 1,500 but it seems to be at its usual weekday amount of 800.

It takes me about 2min per day to check there are no false positives and to reclassify false negatives. I can live with that, for the benefits of keeping open an email address I've had for over ten years...

Dave Laurie

So any explanations why some people were "spammed to death" and others (meaning ME!) didn't get any? I always seem to miss out on the fun stuff.

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Don't know if anyone noticed but Bad Lad/Bar Stewards actor Big Billy Hodge was in Coronation Street yesterday at the nativity play. Peter Barlow ended up falling on him.

Joanna

Wasn't watching Corrie, Mike, so didn't get to see that. Thanks. I'll try and catch it on the omnibus.

Strawbs

I saw Mr Chris Finch pop up on Graham Norton last night.

The show, that is. Not actually on Graham Norton.

And he was naked. :)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
I saw that too, when he got out his copy of Cosmopolitan from way back to show Joe Swash his photo. Chris was on the page opposite.

LovelyLaura

Yeah, I saw this too, although I'd actually completely forgotten about it until now lol....was a bit of a surprise to see Chris appear lol!

Although perhaps slightly worrying that we all realised it was Chris even though they didn't show much of the page lol :)

Laura xx