Chris Finch in The Innocence Project

Fran

Angie 06 said:
Sorry they can't keep up with the finer points of the law in TIP, but I've managed to, and I've never been anywhere near a GSCE in anything remotely legal! Angie

x
As it happens I have got a GCE (yep! the old kind! :eek: ) in law. Didn't make me enjoy it anymore though. I would have been quite interested in that side of it, if the facts they were discovering had been delivered by characters I could like, but for me, those kids came across as rather smug and not at all likeable and their delivery of said facts was for me.....boring! It would have been nice to see them get taken in by Adrian Gale's plea of innocence for a little bit longer, he had me convinced it was all down to the fact he'd been told not to say anything, without letting on to them the reason why that was. It would have been nice to see that story stretched out in more detail....for all sorts of reasons. ;) Still, variety is the spice of life, it would be boring if we all liked the same things. :p :)

angel clare

Standard Member
The thought of a choice between Where the Heart Is and Reality TV is a nightmare. It has not got that way yet, but there really is a paucity of good stuff on our TVs these days and it is all about ratings I fear. As in the States, the commercial TV companies just feel the need to get max ratings and for some reason seem to think that dumbed down, feel good drama or reality TV is the way to go. As well as soaps. It is a crazy situation, but there still is very good stuff, and I thought the Innocence Project was one such. And it was because Chris was in it that I watched it. That got me initially interested and I got a good drama out of it.

Chris certainly does seem to get into some more interesting stuff, but just briefly at the moment apart from Bar Stewards, which it is fascinating to watch evolve. It is a hard struggle for young actors but he has clearly had some breaks, and they seem to be breaks now that are because he has a reputation as a good actor rather than just because he happens to be a handsome lad (the Corrie role he definitely got because they wanted a hunk and every hunk in the country seems to have auditioned for it according to rumours. But the difference was he could act which he had the chance to show). And although soaps do not count had the job been cocked up it would have got around.

An interesting profession, but "Don't put your daughter on the stage Mrs. Worthington" springs to mind when you see what a struggle it all is.

Kev