Crime Scene Wild

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Chris Finch said:
Not sure if it makes any difference but it wasn't scheduled to be shown on Animal Planet but on Discovery UK. Perhaps there response wasn't specific to AP but to the Discovery UK network as a whole. If this is the case then...Oh well.
Chris might be right, I got in touch via the Animal Planet website, it might still crop up on the Discovery Channel... no doubt Joanna will find it eventually :cool:)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Strawbs said:
I'm pretty sure this show was on Five earlier in the year, or at least something very similar. I clearly remember a team invstigating the death of a deer in some woods.
I remember that... the scientists where trying to work out what could have killed it, as there were no animal trails around it, and before it died it had eaten vegitation that was only growing 1000 miles away or something... was the twist at the end that the dear was like a 100,000 years old and it had been frozen in an ice block, and then defrosted?

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Chris, does this look familiar? It seems that the narration is missing completly in this clip

[YT=CSW: Big Cats]i1sd_ZvHdHc[/YT]

Chris Finch

Fragmental
Cast & Crew
yeh mate thats the one. Its ok though I filled in the gaps for myself while narrating it...myself :cool:)

Strawbs

I can completely imagine Chris going around the film set narrating on what everyone is doing.

"Birty is found 3 metres away from his pie. The experts are trying to figure out how he came to be so far away from it."

:p ;)

Cop said:
I remember that... the scientists where trying to work out what could have killed it, as there were no animal trails around it, and before it died it had eaten vegitation that was only growing 1000 miles away or something... was the twist at the end that the dear was like a 100,000 years old and it had been frozen in an ice block, and then defrosted?
I'd forgoten about that bit, but yeah I think that was how it turned out. Pretty amazing stuff.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Strawbs said:
I'd forgoten about that bit, but yeah I think that was how it turned out. Pretty amazing stuff.
Yeah, it was good that, I enjoyed it... that wasn't "Crime scene Wild" though... I think that program was called "How The f*ck Did that Dear Get There?! Co'mon Let's Find Out!"

Joanna

OH BOLLOCKS! :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

I've just found out that Crime Scene Wild has been airing on Animal Planet, here in the UK (and so more than likely featuring Chris's narration), during last month and this...the last edition, 'Bears', finishing last night! So I find out the whole series has been and gone 1 day after the last programme in it airs...and I used to check the Discovery/AP schedules quite regularly for it, too....'used to' being the operative words....

*scream smiley*

Last edited by a moderator:

Joanna

I actually do feel genuinely a little bad that I didn't spot this/post on it in time...even though I do realise I needn't...Er, oops...

Joanna

Well, it's been airing again on Animal Planet...and this time I've realised the fact 2 episodes into the run...episode 2 having aired last night. Well, at least that means there are four more still to come, I suppose...out of 6. So by the law of averages...that should mean for a next time...

:rolleyes: :)

Anyway, it's been airing at midnight on Thursdays (or should that be Fridays?...), with the 'Shatoosh' episode the one on next week - and hopefully with Chris's narration to go along with it....

Joanna

Just a reminder that episode 3 of CSW is on Animal Planet tonight at midnight. I don't get Animal Planet... :eek:

Chris Finch

Fragmental
Cast & Crew
Cheers Joanna. It's set to record but for some reason I have a feeling that if it's on AP it may be the american version of the voiceover. Anyway all will be revealed....

Joanna

Well, we have a version with an American woman narrator...one with Chris...and now we have one with a British woman doing the voice-over! (Thanks, Laura.) Yep, this run of CSW sadly doesn't feature Chris's narration! So a British voice was indeed wanted for this airing of it...but 'they' went for a British woman instead of a British man! Will Chris's version ever air?... Humph!

Chris Finch

Fragmental
Cast & Crew
Yeh I checked it out last night. The british female voice was the original recording for the UK. The producers felt that Steve Galster (the crime scene investigator) was a tad lacking in personality and screen presence and that the rather serene female voiceover didn't build steve up or the drama of the programme. When I went in to record, the womans voice was already laid down and I was replacing what she had done.

On my last recording session the producer told me that my version had already started to air on discovery uk. Perhaps AP didn't get my version or maybe someone decided that the female voice did the job after all!! Who knows!!

LovelyLaura

I only watched about a few mins of this last night but I didn't think much to the British female voiceover. I suppose she did sound quite similar to a lot of voices I've heard on these kind of shows but she was a bit....dull o_O I'm sure Chris would have injected a bit more life into proceedings! :)

Although I was kind of glad it wasn't Chris doing the VO in the end cos it meant I could go to bed and didn't have to stay up to record it for Joanna ;) :p Joke!!!! :)

Laura xx