Finchy Friday - Bar Stewards screen grabs and comments thread...

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
just watched both trailers and i have to agree, dmc looks very good and i'm very looking forward to seeing vo.

got a funny bit of info for you michael also... a guy who i know is best friends with a rep from adidas who gives out sample trainers to the stars, he told me ages ago that liam gallagher is a big fan of my tash force, i have just found out the other day that liam autographed a trainer and passed it on to be given to me, he asked me if i got it, the thing is i never bloody did!!! t**t:mad:

Joanna

Michael said:
Ps, just watched the Valeries Orchard trailer and can't wait to see that as well :)
It's such a shame, though, that, in terms of UK screenings, VO is only screening in London and Manchester - it's the sort of film that is particularly deserving of a more widespread release. Think a lil trip up to London might be in order, then!

Michael said:
Both myself and Paul 'Groovy' Gordon worked on Valeries Orchard by the way, on a couple of slow motion sequences :cool:
:cool:

Btw, do you know what length VO runs to?

xx Joanna xx

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
I'm glad you are looking forward to seeing Valerie's Orchard, I must admit I wouldn't think it's "your kinda film". It's very connected to Jewish and Christian backgrounds, and it’s not my cup of tea personally, however it is very moving.

And meeting Valerie was such an experience; I never thought I would meet anybody as amazing, friendly or positive considering what we went through 60 years ago.

The stories she told us about her time during the Holocaust did horrify me, and I suppose it changed my life. But I never really realised this until I got into the edit suites, its wired how you seem to switch off when filming, you seem to go into auto-pilot and concentrate on the drama.

But Israel is such a spiritual place, and I wouldn't say I am a religious person, or very spiritual, but what I came back with was something more than just some old lady on video.

The film itself, isn’t long, its only 45 mins or so, maybe shorter, the production values are not brilliant either, but there is a lot in it and its been one hell of a journey.

Joanna

I presume :eek: you mean me in your post, Paul, as mine is the post right above yours (Mike and wiggy are looking forward to it too!)! :D So...yeah, tbh, this isn't ordinarily the kind of thing I'd go out of my way to see either, but because of Chris's involvement in it, even though I'm not sure when I'll be seeing it, I'll be making an effort to see it in some form and at some time or another! The things I do for Mr Christopher Finch!! :p :eek:

It does sound like a very thought-provoking piece, though, regardless of length and production values. It's been made for a reason, after all. :)

You seem to have really taken a great deal from your experiences in it too, which is rather wonderful in itself. :)

Do you know if there is a chance this'll get a DVD release, btw?

xx Joanna xx

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
I'm sure I will send one your way when it's completed... Do you want me to sign it?

Joanna

Cop said:
I'm sure I will send one your way when it's completed... Do you want me to sign it?
Do you really even need to ask?! :p :)

And what might you write on this DVD....apart from the obligatory inclusion of your name (and mine!!)?! :):p

xx Joanna xx

Fran

Cop said:
I'm glad you are looking forward to seeing Valerie's Orchard, I must admit I wouldn't think it's "your kinda film". It's very connected to Jewish and Christian backgrounds, and it’s not my cup of tea personally, however it is very moving.And meeting Valerie was such an experience; I never thought I would meet anybody as amazing, friendly or positive considering what we went through 60 years ago.

The stories she told us about her time during the Holocaust did horrify me, and I suppose it changed my life. But I never really realised this until I got into the edit suites, its wired how you seem to switch off when filming, you seem to go into auto-pilot and concentrate on the drama.

But Israel is such a spiritual place, and I wouldn't say I am a religious person, or very spiritual, but what I came back with was something more than just some old lady on video.

The film itself, isn’t long, its only 45 mins or so, maybe shorter, the production values are not brilliant either, but there is a lot in it and its been one hell of a journey.
Amazing, friendly and positive is the impression I got of her just from the short trailer. :) Considering what she and others must have gone through, being friendly and positive must be difficult for them sometimes. I'm really glad the experience of making the film had such an impact on you, those are times that should never be forgotten. Well done to all those involved on helping make sure we don't forget. ;)

Joanna

Could anyone tell me, in the pic below, who can you just see a bit of arm and leg from behind Groovy Gordon? :confused:

xx Joanna xx

BTS.JPG

BTS.JPG

BTS.JPG

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
They are very close aren't they. And Groovy Gordon looks very uncomfortable.

Joanna

Thanks, Paul. :)

Lol, assuming those 3 behind-the-scenes stills were from the same day, then Dave seems to have brought a change of top with him! I wonder why that could be! :D I think I feel another :eek: post coming on! :eek: :):p

xx Joanna xx

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
Lol, assuming those 3 behind-the-scenes stills were from the same day, then Dave seems to have brought a change of top with him! I wonder why that could be!
Nah it's the same day and same top.

Joanna

And again! :eek: :p Looked different to me, though, lol...er...but obviously.... :eek: :D :):p

xx Joanna xx

Sparky

Saul Parkes
Cast & Crew
Originally Posted by Michael Dead Mans Cards looks excellent and nice that our boy Finchy is included in the trailer. It's directed by Richard Marquand's son James, who I hear from Chris is a nice chap. And yep, that's the same Richard Marquand who directed Jedi.
Wow. An unexpected Finchy surprise for me just recently. I was reading the Jan ’07 issue of EMPIRE and came across an article for cinema screenings of ‘Dead Man’s Cards’. (Just to note you can catch our local screening at the Showcase, Manchester – Dec 15th onwards) I remembered “name of the game” Chris discussing his involvement so just checked the trailer and it looks the bo*locks. Brit flicks haven’t done much for me during 2006 (I’m counting on Bad Lad for next year ;) ) but as far as previews go I’m really impressed. I’ll be getting’ a ticket!

Has anyone seen an advanced showing, Chris maybe…? Any thoughts?

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
And again! :eek: :p Looked different to me, though, lol...er...but obviously.... :eek: :D :):p
Dave just changes colour, a bit like the Hulk but without the added strength.

And cheers Sparky!

Joanna

Yeah, thanks, Sparky!

I'm also really impressed by the teasers I've seen of DMC, and I can't wait to see it either...Not sure when that'll be, though, because it doesn't appear to be showing anywhere near me. :eek: So, I grasp at Finchy straws, Sparky, but you didn't spot any Midlands showings listed, did you?

xx Joanna xx

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
It's amazing how DMC isn't getting a wider release. I'm pretty sure Bad Lad is going out in at least 80 cinemas, but they are digital screens. I suspect that DMC is going out on 35mm prints but a film like that should be going out digitally at the same time in my opinion to maximise the audience.

That said, a theatrical run for any low budget film in this country serves best as PR for the DVD release as you rarely make money on the cinema release, so you could say it doesn't matter.

Though for us who like to see movies on the big screen, it does :eek:

Sparky

Saul Parkes
Cast & Crew
I work at a video store but often I’m frustrated when people renting DVD’s comment on the cinema being over priced and pointless. - “renting is miles cheaper” “I get pirates instead” - I doubt my ‘towns’ demographic sports a high amount of cultivated individuals but it seems like a majority favour. £4.50 isn’t a lot for a huge dark screening room with state-of-the-art surround sound!? Watching a new movie on ya telly…? Hmmmm! I some how don’t think so!

But hey this is the forum for ‘Finchy Friday’, not ‘Sparky’s Rant Thursday’ :)

…and sorry Joanna – I’m unaware of any Midland screenings for DMC, you best pop down to your local car-boot instead! :mad:

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Finchy Friday indeed Sparky, so here it is...

Bar_Stewards_105.jpg

Layton & Donna, aka Big Bens girl

Bar_Stewards_106.jpg

Thinking about where she is...

Bar_Stewards_107.jpg

Layton & Karen

Bar_Stewards_109.jpg

Stay the night?

Joanna

Mike - Ah, fabulous! Great stills - could they ever not be, lol?! :p - thank you! :) Particularly loving the 'thoughtful' second still and Layton's hair in the third one! :D

Btw, in that first still, what is the black and white poster of that is immediately behind Donna? :confused:

Sparky - Thanks! Grrrrrr..... :eek: :mad:

xx Joanna xx