Finchy Friday - Bar Stewards screen grabs and comments thread...

LovelyLaura

Joanna said:
Have to say that Birty and Chris look rather different now to how they did at the time of that first pic! Same clothes, same location, but different hair and 'faces' ( :eek: ) !!
OMG, you're right, they do!! :eek:

Great pics though, thanks Mike :)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
The old pic scene isn't in the film. To cut a long story short we used that as test footage, and after taking a look at it we decided to change Birty's hair and switch locations. Chris isn't actually that much different.

Thanks for the comments :)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Bar_Stewards_242.jpg

Bar_Stewards_241.jpg

AcademyExtra2.jpg

AcademyExtra3.jpg

I must keep noting that these are ungraded visuals and do not represent the image quality of the final film! You're looking at grabs from raw footage which have been resized and compressed for web :)

Thanks to all who have commented so far. For those who are guests but haven't turned into members yet, or who just haven't posted please let us know what you think.

By the way there's probably not going to be a Finchy Friday next week because we'll be in sunny Cannes, but Finchy is still in blighty so if you ask him nicely he might post some self taken images of himself. If you beg he may even go naked, it worked for Cosmo!

But just in case here's another one for next week... In bed with Finchy...

Bar_Stewards_243.jpg

Joanna

More lovely pics, Mike. Thank you. :)

Ally McBeal alert......

Bar_Stewards_242.jpg

:D

And have to say that that 'In bed with Finchy' still is actually one of my favourites so far. It's not that easy to say why, but I love the shading/colouring, the fact Layton looks like he's a prisoner of sorts who is peering out through the bars of a self-imposed cell, the latent and subtle emotions in his face, the way the pic produces a curiousity as to its meaning, the way the shot has been 'placed' (if that makes sense!), etc. And not forgetting that one of those darn 'tissues' is in shot too...... ;)

xx Joanna xx

PS: I have to ask nicely, huh?....*ahem* Chris, could you please post up some self-taken images of yourself next Friday? How about a nice bit of Woody, if such a picture exists?! :p

Now on the begging front....Well, not really sure that I should.... ;)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
And have to say that that 'In bed with Finchy' still is actually one of my favourites so far. It's not that easy to say why, but I love the shading/colouring, the fact Layton looks like he's a prisoner of sorts who is peering out through the bars of a self-imposed cell, the latent and subtle emotions in his face, the way the pic produces a curiousity as to its meaning, the way the shot has been 'placed' (if that makes sense!), etc. And not forgetting that one of those darn 'tissues' is in shot too...... ;)
It is a shot I laboured over quite a bit so I'm glad you like it, thank you kindly :)

PS: I have to ask nicely, huh?....*ahem* Chris, could you please post up some self-taken images of yourself next Friday? How about a nice bit of Woody, if such a picture exists?! :p
That could so easily be misinterpreted you know. Just don't ask the same question to Cop it might end with him really lowering the tone :)

Joanna

Michael said:
That could so easily be misinterpreted you know. Just don't ask the same question to Cop it might end with him really lowering the tone :)
Lol, Mike!! :D

:eek:

Well, we've already had that nice bit of Indy, so why not a nice bit of Woody to go along with it! That's my logic, anyway! :p See, no winking smiley, Michael. There's no winking smiley in this post at all......

xx Joanna xx

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
And have to say that that 'In bed with Finchy' still is actually one of my favourites so far.
Yeah I bet Joanna ;) :cool:) :|ips: :):p

:)

Fran

Some very expressive pics there Mike, thank you and the quality seems fine to me. :) Good luck in Cannes to all those going, I hope it's a fruitful trip. :)

Also loving the Layton waking up piccy Joanna. ;)

As for asking Chris nicely if he'll take charge of Finchy Friday next week.... I hope you can find the time Chris, I'd love to see what you can come up with! :)

Joanna

Michael said:
Cop....really lowering the tone :)
Cop said:
Yeah I bet Joanna ;) :cool:) :|ips: :):p
:)
You're not going to get me to wink, young man! You're going to have to do better than that to get a wink out of me!! Naughty Cop...and after I'd already explained why I liked it, too.... :rolleyes: :p

xx Joanna xx

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Hey you put the pic in your signature too :) Thanks for all the comments peeps.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
:) Wiggy

Is that Fincy's Angel of North impression? :)

LovelyLaura

Thanks for the latest pics :)

I love the in bed one especially, although it looks like he's in prison lol! :)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
This should keep you happy until we get back from Cannes

54mkvvr.jpg

Chris Finch

Fragmental
Cast & Crew
...and the spine quote for that issue is

"If a tricky situation forces you to defend yourself the name of the game is restraint"

any takers?

Joanna

You as Teddy Bear in Dead Man's Cards! :D

Thanks for 'take 2' on that Empire piccy, Cop! Have lots of fun, frolics and fab times in Cannes!

xx Joanna xx