Finchy Friday - Bar Stewards screen grabs and comments thread...

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Bar_Stewards_51a.jpg
Bar_Stewards_53.jpg
Bar_Stewards_54.jpg

And to continue this weeks trend of Chris Finch shirtless pics...

Bar_Stewards_52.jpg

Joanna

Wow, fabulous stills, Michael; thank you. :)

On that first pic...lol....see he's got the right facial hair to match his expression/mood, then (Michael: Just think 'Grrrr', Chris!!)!!

In the third pic, is that Donna, btw? And who is the actress/character in that last 'things really went well there, then!' still?

Oh, and what a perfect name change for the thread, Michael! :)

xx Joanna xx

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
In the third pic, is that Donna, btw? And who is the actress/character in that last 'things really went well there, then!' still?
Third pic is Louise Brand as Anne Marie the demon landlady. And the actress in the final still is Jackie Knowles who plays Karen, Laytons ex-girlfriend.

Joanna

Thanks, Michael.

I should have those key facts up at some point during the weekend, btw! ;)

xx Joanna xx

Rach

I kept checking for this weeks updates and what a treat we have, thanks Michael, the stills are awesome.

Oh and thanks for continuing the trend ;) ;) ;)

Rach x

Fran

Finchy Friday at last. :)

Great pictures Michael, thank you! :) Poor Layton, so far he seems to spend a lot of time looking shocked, bewildered, suspicious or confused, I hope he gets a happy ending!

Chris Finch

Fragmental
Cast & Crew
Yay another Finchy Friday!!!

Great stills Mike, I was worried there might not be any but nearly fainted when there were four!!! Its made my....er Finchy Friday!

I was thinking though, Birty must be feelin left out so he needs a stills thread of his own. Now I know he hasn't filmed as many scenes as me so there are fewer stills so how about 'Birty Bank Holidays'!!

BTW if anyone saw Cop's hilarious Hulk Hogan pic you can tell it looks soooooo fake - Hogans muscles were never that big and he didn't have a rubbish faded lion tattoo!

Joanna

Hi, Chris.

Yeah, it was great to see Birty in some more stills, after we haven't see him in any for a while now!

'Birty Bank Holidays' is really catchy! Michael..... :p

Oh, and HH never wore a yellow 'tail' either...very 'fetching', lol!! :p

xx Joanna xx

Rachel

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd pop on to see what 'Finchy Friday' had to offer this week - once again I wasn't disappointed! ;)

Loving all the interview vids and pictures - certainly brings a smile to my face - keep 'em coming!!!!! (if you get time inbetween filming :p )

Thanks for all the hard work (and for the book recommendation Chris! ;) )

Rachel xx

Fran

Hi Rach,

About time you showed up.. ;)

I suppose on here I'd best call you Rachel, or we'll get all mixed up with the other Rach. :p :)

Rachel

Well I thought I'd better actually register incase a certain someone should show up again - don't want to waste time registering and miss out :D

As for 'Rachel' I see your point, although it does sound as if I'm being told off, not been called 'Rachel' for years (even when the boss lady wants a word lol)

Joanna

Hiya, Rach...el!

Great to see you on here at last. Hope you don't lurk on here to the extent that you lurk 'elsewhere'! :( :p

xx Joanna xx

Rachel

I'll do my best not to! (Where is the embarrassed smilie when you need it!)

Rach

There are officially too many Rachel's in the world ;) and we spell our names the same too... :p

x

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Thanks to all the people who said thanks. If you keep liking them we'll keep posting em'! :)

Joanna

So that means you'll definitely keep posting them, then! :D

Yeah, they are wonderful, Michael. And it would be great, along with the ones of the 'usual suspects' (most definitely keep lots of those coming!!), to see ones of some of the other players in the story....Justin, Lordy, Big Ben, Rachel's dad ;) , etc...and some more of Birty too, of course! HINT! :p

xx Joanna xx

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
So that means you'll definitely keep posting them, then! :D Yeah, they are wonderful, Michael. And it would be great, along with the ones of the 'usual suspects' (most definitely keep lots of those coming!!), to see ones of some of the other players in the story....Justin, Lordy, Big Ben, Rachel's dad ;) , etc...and some more of Birty too, of course! HINT! :p

xx Joanna xx
Definitely some more of Birty soon and next week maybe one of Rachel's Dad... Maybe one of Carla Purelove too.

Joanna

BAR STEWARDS (key facts)

RUNNING TIME (subject to change): 90 minutes

GENRE: Romantic comedy/drama

SETTING: Blackburn (Lancashire)

SYNOPSIS: Layton's life falls apart when the girl of his dreams leaves him. He then discovers that he has a mysterious stalker, who claims to be professor Stephen Hawking. Helped (and hindered) by his best friend, Layton must rediscover his lost love and find out who the stalker is before he loses his sanity. A film about lost love, friendship and dogging.

WRITER: Michael Booth (with additional material from Paul Birtwistle)

DIRECTOR: Michael Booth

PRODUCERS: Michael Booth and Tim Paley

CINEMATOGRAPHER: Paul Gordon

CAST:

+ Chris Finch (Layton Peebles)

+ Paul Birtwistle (Jamie Cuntilever aka Cunty)

+ Louise Brand (Anne Marie)

+ Bernard Wrigley (Lordy)

+ Neil Bell (Justin)

+ Jackie Knowles (Karen)

+ Roxanne Gregory (Donna)

+ Tim Paley (Rachel's dad)

+ Alice Barry (Woman in red coat)

+ Georgina Hunter (Carla Purelove)

+ Ashleigh Morley (Rachel Carte)

+ Dorothy Sanderson (Rachel's mum)

+ Billy Hodge (Big Ben)

+ Abigail Gilbraith (Loochie Lou)

+ John Yates (Scone)

+ John Howarth (Pablo)

PRODUCTION COMPANY: Pleased Sheep Productions

DISTRIBUTORS: Wysiwyg Film Distribution

FILM STILLS:

+ Layton Peebles:

- What the...?!?!

- At the Bar

- Here's stairing at you, kid!

- The Clark Kent of Blackburn?

- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest Finchy of them all?!

- He's behind you...?

- The Man in Black

- The Pondering Peebles

- Moody Blues (test grading image)

- The Peebles of Grrrr

+ Jamie Cuntilever (aka Cunty)

+ Jamie and Layton:

- Sgt. Peebles Lonely Hearts Club Band

- Pretty as a pitcher

- Half a pint of Demon Ladylady do ya, boys?

+ Donna:

- Donna Hood

- Booby prize? (test grading image)

+ Donna and Layton

+ Rachel 'Psycho' Carte

+ Layton and Rachel:

- Enema of the State

- Layton watches as Rachel walks away from him...

+ Layton and Karen

+ T...issues

PUBLICITY STILLS:

+ Layton Peebles

+ Rachel Carte

+ Donna

BEHIND-THE-SCENES FOOTAGE (courtesy of wiggy):

+ The Chris Finch 'toilet interview'

+ A quick Q & A with Finchy!

+ End of a day's shoot with C.F.*

+ Interview with Roxie (featuring 'Little Chris'!)*

+ Interview with Ashleigh Morley

+ The Boy Pisser aka Paul 'be afraid, be very afraid' Coppack

+ Behind-the-scenes look at cast photo shoot (warnings: contains a scene of a 'boxing' nature!)

*Can you spot the elusive Michael Booth in these two videos?!

ARTWORK (sketches by camp david):

+ Layton and Rachel

+ Jamie

+ Donna

DESKTOP WALLPAPERS (designed by Paul Coppack):

+ Peebles, Scissors, Stone

+ Pretty Wo...man

TRIVIA:

+ Bar Stewards is, in fact, a prequel to a piece of work that has been in development for the past 10 years. This companion piece features many of the same characters as Bar Stewards but is far greater and darker in tone than its predecessor - revolving as it does around a very dangerous love triangle.

In 1996, when Michael Booth was just 19, his early script for this currently untitled project attracted interest from both Paul Whitehouse (The Fast Show) and Ewan Bremner (perhaps best known for the role of Spud in Trainspotting). Film4 even seriously considered being involved, but it was sadly against their remit at the time and so got rejected.

+ At this early stage in proceedings, a distribution deal is already on the table for the film and a festival has even requested a booking to screen it. Congratulations, Bar Stewards' guys and gals!

+ The multi-talented (actor/writer/director...) Joe O'Byrne is to make a cameo appearance in the film.

Joe is soon to be seen as Tommy Morghen in another Pleased Sheep Productions' feature, Diary of a Bad Lad (though in a much larger role), and he has also written, co-directed and starred in another film, Lookin' For Lucky, which is nearing completion. Television-wise, Joe has appeared in many well-known shows: Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Phoenix Nights, Cutting It, Clocking Off, Heartbeat, etc......

+ A few 'famous British names' have been approached to play cameo roles. I wonder who those could be!

+ On Chris Finch's (Layton Peebles) first day of shooting, he had to share a bed on 3 separate occasions with 3 different women. Nice work if you can get it!

+ Chris Finch and Jackie Knowles (Karen) once played in a sporting charity event together, meeting up again for the first time since then at the auditions for Bar Stewards.

+ This summer, Louise Brand (Anne Marie) won £30,000 on Deal or No Deal. Well done, Louise! She's also been approached to appear in a reality show.

+ Bernard Wrigley, whose character, Lordy, has a 'special relationship' with his livestock, has appeared in numerous film and TV productions. His many TV roles include appearances in Phoenix Nights, Dinner Ladies, Last of the Summer Wine, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Heartbeat, Shameless and Coogan's Run, and he has also starred in such films as Rita, Sue and Bob Too, A Private Function, and The Parole Officer.

+ Neil Bell (Justin) has appeared in such TV shows as Shameless, Ideal, State of Play, The Second Coming and The League of Gentlemen, with film roles including parts in Dead Man's Shoes and 24 Hour Party People.

+ The characters Loochie Lou, Anne Marie, Donna and Big Ben all originate from a Michael Booth short called Drop Outs (2000). Abigail Gilbraith, Louise Brand and Roxanne Gregory still play their respective characters here, though Big Ben, once the part of Kevin Marklew, is now played by Billy Hodge.

OTHER USEFUL LINKS:

+ Bar Stewards' IMDb page

+ Wysiwyg Cannes 2006 video diary (day 2) [From about 50 seconds in, Wysiwyg's Jonathan Rhodes talks briefly to Michael Booth and Paul Gordon about Bar Stewards.]

+ Chris Finch's Spotlight, LIME and Casting Call Pro CVs

+ wiggy's MySpace profile (includes all of his Bar Stewards behind-the-scenes videos)

+ Tim Paley's official site

+ Bernard Wrigley's official site

------------

xx Joanna xx