Finchy Friday - Bar Stewards screen grabs and comments thread...

timpaley

Horsin' around...
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
Btw, just for 'key facts' labelling purposes :p , who is the guy holding the bottle of water in that first behind-the-scenes still, and who is the guy in the 'England' tee shirt (no, not Mike...the other one!!)?xx Joanna xx
I think your referring to Sparky, Joanna. He is one of the sound assistants and runners, and also regular Chris Finch body double. Helps out on a regular basis. I think he comes on here from time to time but just looks from the side lines... Come on Sparky, introduce yourself!

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Well it's Finchy Fri... Oh...

Well it's Slacker Saturday!

Seeing as Chris posted those behind the scenes stills it's appropriate that I show screen-grabs from footage shot on that day :)

At the Delph

Bar_Stewards_98.jpg

Bar_Stewards_97.jpg

Bar_Stewards_99.jpg

Bar_Stewards_100.jpg

Bar_Stewards_101.jpg

It's not how it looks...

And some grabbies from our ever increasing out-take reel.

Bar_Stewards_102OT.jpg
Bar_Stewards_103OT.jpg

Bar_Stewards_104OT.jpg

Chuckling like schooboys...

I've sent Wiggy a couple of out-takes so perhaps he might add them to myspace and you can have a watch.

I won't go into what kept me from updating the thread in any detail. Let's just say if I wasn't so heavily sedated these would have been up yesterday. And no I wasn't drunk ;)

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
kindly provided by Mr Booth:)

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1475103624">Barstewards out takes</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1475103624&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=1475103624&title=Barstewards out takes">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>

Angie 06

Michael said:
I won't go into what kept me from updating the thread in any detail. Let's just say if I wasn't so heavily sedated these would have been up yesterday. And no I wasn't drunk ;)
Well, whatever it was that indisposed you (and I hope that is in the past!) it certainly gave us a bonus with a Finchy Friday and a double dose of slacker Saturday. Thanks very much to all and ..er keep taking the medicine!

Angie

x

LovelyLaura

Wow, we are sooooo lucky! Finchy Friday AND Slacker Saturday AND a video to boot!! :)

Thanks guys, they're fantabulous! :)

Fran

I KNEW I should have stayed up a bit longer last night! :rolleyes: And I was being so patient too, then decided you were all out filming...or something. ;) I even resisted the urge to drop some subtle hints! (Very proud of myself for that.) :p I was sure they were about to appear at one stage, cos I could see the strange threads, started by strange people, disappearing one by one.

Thanks for your pics Chris. :) Looking forward to Thursday, if that IS where you were filming when you took your photo. (Still trying to work out what it is exactly that your wearing...) :confused: Thanks also for the behind the scenes pics. :)

I hope you're o.k. Michael, thanks for the Slacker Saturday Extra's and I think they more than make up for the hours of clicking on and off the forum last night. ;)

That camera certainly seems to like Mr. Finch. I love the out-take vid Wiggy! I love watching people get a fit of the giggles, I just wish there was more of it! :cool:

Thanks also to Joanna for updating us on yet another film we've got to watch out for! I'm starting to feel like Angie, there's so much new news lately, it's hard to keep up! Isn't it great! :)

Joanna

Wow, a little bit of Finchy goes a long...long way, doesn't it?! :D

Mike - Whatever it was that meant you were 'heavily sedated' yesterday, I hope all is better now! :) :p And no probs on Finchy Friday, as we instead get pics from the man himself.....and then we get Slacker Saturday with lots of lovely pics (and he does smile after all, I see!!)....plus out-takes.....thank you! How wonderful! :)

wiggy - Thank you. :)

Tim - Naughty Tim, skim-reading my posts, lol! :p Nah, thanks for the Sparky info (yeah, Sparky, what are you waiting for....come on, introduce yourself! *mwah*). Hope you're feeling much better now, btw! *hugs* :)

Those 'out-take' stills actually have a 'Western' feel to them, what with the Western film-style writing, their 'stony' look, and the window's wooden shutters, and...er... :p :):p

Btw, I didn't say last night, but I think Birty looked really cool in that first behind-the-scenes shot that Chris posted! :cool: Ah, you can't beat a lovely bit of Birty! :D ;)

And oh my gawd, I've now got so much to update my 'key facts' with, that, when I post my updated version in a week or two, I think I'm going to engulf the whole of PSF along with it! :eek: ;) :D

xx Joanna xx

Sparky

Saul Parkes
Cast & Crew
The names Sparks, Paul Sparks, license to assist productions and boom op! :rolleyes: Thanks for the intro Tim and apologies for my obvious absence on the PS forum! Hello Joanna by the way! However I do browse the boards often and consider myself a certified ‘Finchy Friday’ addict. Decent outtake (Slacker Saturday) post (cheers Wiggy) with Chris & Birty and I’m lovin’ the screen shots too Mike! Looking first-rate indeed. I shall await the next ‘Finchy Friday’ instalment!

Sparky :cool:

Joanna

Sparky said:
The names Sparks, Paul Sparks, license to assist productions and boom op! :rolleyes: Thanks for the intro Tim and apologies for my obvious absence on the PS forum! Hello Joanna by the way!
Hello yourself...yay, Sparky! :D

Sparky said:
However I do browse the boards often and consider myself a certified ‘Finchy Friday’ addict. Sparky :cool:
And a BS key facts one too, of course....It goes without saying, doesn't it?! :):p ;) :rolleyes:

Btw, I'll be giving you a 'title' in my next update (well, you are in one of those stills, after all!)...Would you say 'production assistant/boom operator' just about covers what you do? :p

xx Joanna xx

timpaley

Horsin' around...
Cast & Crew
Hey up Sparky, good to see you, come on in the water's lovely as thay say. Hope you keep on posting, chipping with with your comments, always welcome.

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Fran said:
That camera certainly seems to like Mr. Finch. I love the out-take vid Wiggy! I love watching people get a fit of the giggles, I just wish there was more of it! :cool:
There is more, much more giggles from that bit (and that bit was only to get some audio to help with the edit), and some very funny outtakes from a Birty bedroom scene, and from the Meet the Parents scene. And we've still got a long way to go yet...

Fran

Michael said:
There is more, much more giggles from that bit (and that bit was only to get some audio to help with the edit), and some very funny outtakes from a Birty bedroom scene, and from the Meet the Parents scene. And we've still got a long way to go yet...
Does that mean you're going to let us see more? (Pretty please.... )

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Perhaps, if they are spoiler free ;) As yet there's not many that don't give away plot or punchlines.

There's more from the bit above but we're holding them back for the DVD.

Joanna

Q: How much am I looking forward to the BS DVD? :confused:

A: ;) :)

xx Joanna xx

PS: And while we're on the 'video' theme... ;) Dead Man's Cards trailer (there's Finchy muscle-flashing and screaming immediately after the 'Fight dirty' slogan!)

Valerie's Orchard trailer (the clips of Chris are from around halfway through....and they include more screaming too! :D ) Those 'Unofficial Finchy Friday?' pics make sense now? :p ;)

Sparky

Saul Parkes
Cast & Crew
Btw, I'll be giving you a 'title' in my next update (well, you are in one of those stills, after all!)...Would you say 'production assistant/boom operator' just about covers what you do?
Yeh that sums me up right Joanna and i'll look out for ya 'title' update. o_O

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
PS: And while we're on the 'video' theme... ;) Dead Man's Cards trailer (there's Finchy muscle-flashing and screaming immediately after the 'Fight dirty' slogan!)
Dead Mans Cards looks excellent and nice that our boy Finchy is included in the trailer. It's directed by Richard Marquand's son James, who I hear from Chris is a nice chap. And yep, that's the same Richard Marquand who directed Jedi.

A little bird told me that George Lucas likes DMC too :eek:

Coincidentally Jon Williams who produced/wrote Bad Lad met the producer of DMC about a month or so ago when they both spoke at a NW film event... It's a small world.

Joanna

Sparky said:
Yeh that sums me up right Joanna and i'll look out for ya 'title' update. o_O
Thanks, Sparky.

Obviously, outside of my cast list, I'm only going so far into the "who's who" of BS (think if I listed all the crew that said list would end up being rather long indeed....well, I imagine so, anyway!! :p ), so I hope not listing you separately is okay :eek: - though you will be in there somewhere, you can count on that! ;)

Mike - Yeah, DMC really does look great, doesn't it? It looks like the sort of film you could comfortably watch over and over again and still take new things from each time....as well as still having a good entertaining watch each time too!

It might be quite difficult for me to get to see this at the cinema....LINK! (I live in the West Midlands! :eek: )...but for whenever I see it, which I hope isn't too far away now, I am really looking forward to it....and not just for Chris screaming and flashing those muscles of his either! :D

Michael said:
A little bird told me that George Lucas likes DMC too :eek:
He sure does.....LINK!! (Click on "Watch Dead Man's Cards Video Feature", and the 'relevant' part comes around 3/4 of the way through...immediately after "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU..." :D )

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Ps, just watched the Valeries Orchard trailer and can't wait to see that as well :)

Both myself and Paul 'Groovy' Gordon worked on Valeries Orchard by the way, on a couple of slow motion sequences :cool: