Finchy Friday - Bar Stewards screen grabs and comments thread...

Joanna

They're all wonderful, Mike. Thank you. :) I'm looking forward to that 'fun'-sounding vid of yours too!

And I now know who the 'lurker' was in that Alice Barry video! :eek: :):p

xx Joanna xx

PS: Loved your pic too, Paul! :p :)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Its not the dance what is funny, it was the noise I was making performing it....

I'm not a dancer!

Sparky

Saul Parkes
Cast & Crew
I look really uncomfortable on that first picture!?

Pub location in frame looks good, is that the place you pointed out Cop? Didn't get the "Gemma Atkinson kiss" bit though?

Fran

Thanks Mike, worth staying up for. :) and nice to see some clearer pics of the crew. :) You can just see the mischief in Paul's eyes. :rolleyes: ;) Chris looks as if he's stood on parade in that third piccy! :confused:

Looking forward to the vid, (even though there's no Finchy in it. :eek: ) ;)

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
here is that said video:rolleyes: and it really is insane!

it's like the muppet showo_O

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1536118245">Insane test shoot</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1536118245&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=1536118245&title=Insane test shoot">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>

Fran

Well, that was ...erm....mesmerising! lol :)

I love the sound effects of the flying beer mats! I knew Paul had mischief in his eyes! ;)

I'm going to have to watch it again, this time I'll close my mouth and try and remember to blink! :confused:

Thanks Wiggy....hope you feel better soon. o_O ;)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Angie 06 said:
The weekend starts here! :) Thanks for the pics. :) How far into production is this movie, and how long to go for the finished version? I'm getting all impatient now! :rolleyes:

Angie

x
Only just seen your post. We're a long way of finishing yet I'm afraid Angie.

Angie 06

Michael said:
Only just seen your post. We're a long way of finishing yet I'm afraid Angie.
That's alright. When you didn't answer I thought it was a secret! ;) :)

Angie

x

Thanks for this week's pics, btw. :)

Joanna

BAR STEWARDS (key facts)

RUNNING TIME (subject to change): 90 minutes

GENRE: Romantic comedy/drama

SETTING: Blackburn (Lancashire)

SYNOPSIS: Layton's life falls apart when the girl of his dreams leaves him. He then discovers that he has a mysterious stalker, who claims to be professor Stephen Hawking. Helped (and hindered) by his best friend, Layton must rediscover his lost love and find out who the stalker is before he loses his sanity. A film about lost love, friendship and dogging.

WRITER: Michael Booth (with additional material from Paul Birtwistle)

DIRECTOR: Michael Booth

PRODUCERS: Michael Booth, Tim Paley and Ian 'wiggy' Wiggins

PRODUCTION MANAGER: Paul Coppack

CINEMATOGRAPHER: Paul Gordon

CAST:

+ Chris Finch (Layton Peebles)

+ Paul Birtwistle (Jamie Cuntilever aka Cunty)

+ Louise Brand (Anne Marie)

+ Bernard Wrigley (Lordy)

+ Neil Bell (Justin)

+ Jackie Knowles (Karen)

+ Ashleigh Morley (Rachel Carte)

+ Roxanne Gregory (Donna)

+ Tim Paley (Rachel's dad)

+ Alice Barry (Mrs Festivus)

+ Georgina Hunter (Carla Purelove)

+ Dee Sanders (Rachel's mum)

+ Billy Hodge (Big Ben)

+ Abigail Gilbraith (Loochie Lou)

+ Alison Booth (Goth Girl)

+ Matthew Butler (Leon)

+ Paul Coppack (Boy Pisser)

+ John Howarth (Pablo)

+ Adrian Swindlehurst (Shopkeeper)

PRODUCTION COMPANY: Pleased Sheep Productions

DISTRIBUTORS: Wysiwyg Film Distribution

PUBLICITY STILLS:

+ Layton Peebles

+ Rachel Carte

+ Donna

FILM STILLS:

+ Layton Peebles:

- What the...?!?!

- At the Bar

- Here's stairing at you, kid!

- The Clark Kent of Blackburn?

- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest Finchy of them all?!

- He's behind you...?

- The Man in Black

- The Pondering Peebles

- Moody Blues (test grading image)

- The Peebles of Grrrr

- Suspicious Mind

- Hee hee...Layton's hair...hee hee!!

- Toilet-training

- The phonecall of DOOOOMMMM!

- Layton Lines

- Smile like you mean it

- Thinking of you

+ Jamie Cuntilever (aka Cunty)

- Don't Look Back In Anger

- Lipstick, Powder and Paint

- Knuckle Up

- E-I-E-I-O

+ Jamie and Layton:

- Sgt. Peebles Lonely Hearts Club Band

- Pretty as a pitcher

- Half a pint of Demon Ladylady do ya, boys?

- Layton and Cunty's Pretty Rubbish Adventure

- Layton and Cunty's Pretty Rubbish Adventure Gets Even More Rubbish

- Layton and Cunty's Pretty Rubbish Adventure Goes Landfill

+ Layton and Karen:

- That went well, then...

- The framed photograph

+ Donna:

- Donna Hood

- Booby prize? (test grading image)

+ Donna and Layton:

- Laying in wait

- Michael's film booth

- The look of...?

+ Rachel Carte:

- Psycho

- Wild Rose

+ Layton and Rachel:

- Enema of the State

- Layton watches as Rachel walks away from him...

- The Aldelphi Players

- Top and Tale

+ Rachel's parents:

- Whistle while you work

- Chins up

- Bad Wolf

- The Lord's Prayer

+ Mrs Festivus

+ The Boy Pissers:

- The Dom Jollies

- Look and Learn

+ The 100 million dollar man

+ T...issues

BEHIND-THE-SCENES STILLS:

+ Mr Birtwistle and Mr Finch...the out-takes....

- High Noon

- Are you 'aving a laff?

- One giggly schoolboy...two giggly schoolboys...

+ Boyzone (Paul Birtwistle, Paul Sparkes [production assistant/boom operator], Paul Coppack, Paul Gordon and a just-in-shot Dave Turner [focus puller])

+ Eye Eye (Paul Gordon, Dave Turner, Ashleigh Morley and Michael Booth)

+ Lip reading (Dave Turner, Michael Booth and Paul Gordon)

+ Men Behaving Badly? (Paul Birtwistle and Paul Coppack)

+ Stand By Me (Alison Booth, Ashleigh Morley, Paul Sparkes and Alice Barry)

+ I Dream of Jeany (Chris Finch and Paul Birtwistle, with Paul Coppack and Alice Barry shown partially in shot)

+ Cheek to Cheek (Ashleigh Morley, Michael Booth, Paul Coppack, Chris Finch and Paul Birtwistle)

+ Better out than in (Chris Finch, Alice Barry and Paul Birtwistle)

+ An insane pub test shoot (8 December 2006)....

- Sitting pretty

- Mind's eye

- Get into the groove

- Techno Techno Techno Techno

BEHIND-THE-SCENES FOOTAGE:

+ The Chris Finch 'toilet interview'

+ A quick Q & A with Finchy!

+ End of a day's shoot with C.F.

+ Interview with Roxie (featuring 'Little Chris'!)

+ Interview with Ashleigh Morley

+ The Boy Pisser aka Paul 'be afraid, be very afraid' Coppack

+ Behind-the-scenes look at cast photo shoot (warnings: contains a scene of a 'boxing' nature!)

+ In bed with Birty

+ Bar Stewards out-takes reel

+ Interview with Alice Barry

+ Insane pub test shoot (8 December 2006)

ARTWORK (sketches by camp david):

+ Layton and Rachel

+ Jamie

+ Donna

DESKTOP WALLPAPERS (designed by Paul Coppack):

+ Peebles, Scissors, Stone

+ Pretty Wo...man

TRIVIA:

+ Bar Stewards is, in fact, a prequel to a piece of work that has been in development for the past 10 years. This companion piece features many of the same characters as Bar Stewards but is far greater and darker in tone than its predecessor - revolving as it does around a very dangerous love triangle.

In 1996, when Michael Booth was just 19, his early script for this currently untitled project attracted interest from both Paul Whitehouse (The Fast Show) and Ewan Bremner (perhaps best known for the role of Spud in Trainspotting). Film4 even seriously considered being involved, but it was sadly against their remit at the time and so got rejected.

+ At this early stage in proceedings, a distribution deal is already on the table for the film and a festival has even requested a booking to screen it. Congratulations, Bar Stewards' guys and gals!

+ The multi-talented (actor/writer/director...) Joe O'Byrne is to make a cameo appearance in the film.

Joe is soon to be seen as Tommy Morghen in another Pleased Sheep Productions' feature, Diary of a Bad Lad (though in a much larger role), and he has also written, co-directed and starred in another film, Lookin' For Lucky, which is nearing completion. Television-wise, Joe has appeared in many well-known shows: Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Phoenix Nights, Cutting It, Clocking Off, Heartbeat, etc......

+ A few 'famous British names' have been approached to play cameo roles. I wonder who those could be!

+ On Chris Finch's (Layton Peebles) first day of shooting, he had to share a bed on 3 separate occasions with 3 different women. Nice work if you can get it!

+ Chris Finch and Jackie Knowles (Karen) once played in a sporting charity event together, meeting up again for the first time since then at the auditions for Bar Stewards.

+ This summer, Louise Brand (Anne Marie) won £30,000 on Deal or No Deal. Well done, Louise!

+ Bernard Wrigley, whose character, Lordy, has a 'special relationship' with his livestock, has appeared in numerous film and TV productions. His many TV roles include appearances in Phoenix Nights, Dinner Ladies, Last of the Summer Wine, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Heartbeat, Shameless and Coogan's Run, and he has also starred in such films as Rita, Sue and Bob Too, A Private Function, and The Parole Officer.

+ Neil Bell (Justin) has appeared in such TV shows as Shameless, Ideal, State of Play, The Second Coming and The League of Gentlemen, with film roles including parts in Dead Man's Shoes and 24 Hour Party People.

+ The characters Loochie Lou, Anne Marie, Donna and Big Ben all originate from a Michael Booth short called Drop Outs (2000). Abigail Gilbraith, Louise Brand and Roxanne Gregory still play their respective characters here, though Big Ben, once the part of Kevin Marklew, is now played by Billy Hodge.

NEWSPAPER ARTICLES: I'm bad... but it's only an act (Billy Hodge article, The Lancashire Evening Telegraph, 11 August 2006)

ONLINE ARTICLES: I'm bad... but it's only an act (the online version of the above Lancashire Evening Telegraph article - which can be found in an abridged version on netribution)

OTHER USEFUL LINKS:

+ Bar Stewards' IMDb page

+ Wysiwyg Cannes 2006 video diary (day 2) [From about 50 seconds in, Wysiwyg's Jonathan Rhodes talks briefly to Michael Booth and Paul Gordon about Bar Stewards.]

+ Chris Finch's Spotlight, LIME and Casting Call Pro CVs

+ Matthew Butler's Spotlight, CastNet UK and Casting Call Pro CVs

+ Dee Sander's CastNet UK CV

+ Tim Paley's official site

+ Bernard Wrigley's official site

+ wiggy's MySpace profile

+ Paul Coppack's MySpace profile

xx Joanna xx

Fran

How long is this list going to be by the time the film's finished! :confused: :)

Well done Joanna, great job as usual. ;) :)

angel clare

Standard Member
Cripes Joanna, and thanks again. Keep up the great work over here and anywhere else. I just know that this film is great. It may well er. . . not have been made yet, but who cares? That's just a technicality. Go Go Go Bar Stewards. We know you are great. Party. Party Hearty. <B) :):p :) Gawd I hope those smilies are Ok. I have not got a clue what they mean.

Kev/Ralph

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
due to technical problems and xmas festivities and the odd flu bug i think it will be a sod all saturday this week but here is a little poem to cheer you up!

a hippopotumus

would squash a lot of us

if it sat on us :p

Fran

Yep, all cheered up now! :confused: :)

Never mind, we've been very spoiled up to now, you deserve a break. ;) Hope those with flu feel better soon. :)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
The only thing I can add the slacker saturday is my illness.... :eek:

Going to watch Burnley now... no dount that will make me feel worse... o_O

So weak........ :( :( :(