Cop's Top Tips - Cannes

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Not enough time for the old in-out-in-out?

Anyway Tips updated with prices for AmPav

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
UP, the new animation film from the Disney•Pixar studios, produced under John Lasseter's supervision, will be the Opening Ceremony film of the 62nd Festival de Cannes, a World Premiere in Disney Digital 3-D on Wednesday May 13th, 2009.

curtinparloe

Looks like my Cannes jaunt is cancelled for this year, as I can't get my Short Film Corner badge arranged.

curtinparloe

Well, the person who was supposed to arrange it tells me (a couple of hours ago) that it can only be done for the director (which isn't strictly true, not to mention that Paul already has accreditation and can't go anyway). If it has already been done with that in mind (which isn't a definite), then it's definitely not happening.

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
I'm not too well up on the short film corner but I thought that if you had a film in there it gave you accreditation for two persons. As far as I'm aware that isn't restricted to the director. Infact I've even met actors who have been involved in shorts and they've been promoting films there with SFC accreditation.

curtinparloe

More info today. It's been submitted as part of a group of films, so only one person can be accredited. It's looking likely that Paul is accredited twice and can't go once.

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
I feel really bad for you :(

No way that anything can be sorted so that you take his place?

curtinparloe

It's being looked into, but I doubt it.

I'm not hugely fussed, to be honest. I wasn't originally going to go anyway, and it means I'll get a more visible birthday present from my parents on Friday :)

There's always next year.

Strawbs

curtinparloe said:
It's being looked into, but I doubt it.There's always next year.
Where you'll win awards for your break through film, My Left Knee. ;)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
curtinparloe said:
There's always next year.
Just don't be one of those that says every year... "There's always next year." I know at least five people who commit that crime. There's one who has been saying it for at least three years now, guess who that is. He says he'll go next year but, nah, we know it's never going to happen :D

curtinparloe

My Left Knee... It could be an Oscar winner :D

Well, I had another email through yesterday, and the accreditation "is all sorted". Now the trick is trying to work out how to get there and where to stay...

Joanna

Michael said:
There's one who has been saying it for at least three years now, guess who that is. He says he'll go next year but, nah, we know it's never going to happen :D
I've got it between two! :D ;)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
I've got it between two! :D ;)
Go on, who do you think it is have a guess.

curtinparloe said:
Right.That's it.

I'll see you IN CANNES! Wooop wooop!!
Great stuff, when are you there? Did Cop manage to find you somewhere to stay?

curtinparloe

I'll be there Thursday till Monday, but I'm staying in a hotel a little way out (just near Cannes Airport). It's nice having supportive parents :D

So, I'll need to meet up with you guys at some point!

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Do you mean Nice airport? If so it's a bit of a daily trek :oops: