Finchy Friday - Bar Stewards screen grabs and comments thread...

Joanna

With the new vid/Belm Off not working for you but the blog one okay, think that's to do with the fact the first two vids are quicktime ones and the blog one uses flash. Must be just a qt prob you're having.

Fran

Joanna said:
With the new vid/Belm Off not working for you but the blog one okay, think that's to do with the fact the first two vids are quicktime ones and the blog one uses flash. Must be just a qt prob you're having.
I officially give up. I've downloaded it again, updated it, checked it, put it as the default player and still all I get is green!:rolleyes:

Joanna

Don't give up just yet! Just had a bit of a google and got a couple of things you could try. First is open quicktime, click on 'edit' in the toolbar, then 'preferences' in the resulting dropdown menu, then on 'quicktime preferences' from the next menu, then on the 'advanced' tab. Look in the ''video' section and see if 'enable directdraw acceleration' has a tick next to it and so is enabled. If so, uncheck this option to disable it. Then make sure that the 'safe mode' option is NOT checked but that the other two options are. So it should just be the safe mode and 'enable directdraw acceleration' options that are NOT checked in the video section. I haven't got directdraw disabled, but read that doing so has worked for people.

Another thing to try is go into your add/remove programs (in control panel), and highlight quicktime in it. Then click on 'change' and then click on 'repair'.

Hope some of that works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fran

Well done Joanna! Problem solved! I disabled the enable quick draw thingy and it worked! :) Thank you. :) Not sure wot to say about the actual vid...words escape me. :p

Joanna

Ooh, fab! :cool:

(Yep, off again now o_O :p ...Must resist the 800 for now, must resist....)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
LnJGrimace.jpg

BenBlade.jpg

Discuss ;)

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
no it's a mystery guest, well famous and hidiously good looking apart from the skin complaint

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
wiggy said:
no it's a mystery guest, well famous and hidiously good looking apart from the skin complaint
I can confirm that he is a very good looking lad

Joanna

He's very famous, got a skin complaint, is hideously :p good looking, Cop and wiggy find him extremely attractive ;) o_O ...Well, that's all I've got for now! :D :):p Although ;) ...but he isn't a 'lad'...

Fran

Discuss. :confused:

There's a big scary man with a frightening looking knife - and I'm a bit worried about what he intends to do with it! :eek:

Gorf

Top pic: "Hi, Birty's here for his circumcision"

Bottom pic: "We also do castrations..."

Gorf

Cop asked for just three, but I couldn't decide, and as it's bedtime and I'm busy 'til Monday, I put on all the ones that seemed to turn out OK.

_DSF9317.JPG

_DSF9318.JPG

DSCF9405.JPG

DSCF9406.JPG

DSCF9407.JPG

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Cheers Gorf, it was good to meet up with you finally. You should try and get down more often ;)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Bloody Hell Gorf, I said THREE pics... thats it, don't bother coming again:) :)

Smashing work there, thanks for taking the time to come and see us in action, it was great having you there! :)

Cop

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Seeing as I'm up prepping for tomorrow I may as well add Finchy Friday too! Direct from the nightclub here are this weeks screen-grabs from the film.

Club1.jpg

Club2.jpg